How to Obtain a Copy of a Texas National Army Guard DD214

A DD-214 is an important record for any discharged military service member. The form certifies that you did serve and is often required for any VA assistance such as a VA loan; federal and state job opportunities; financial aid. Discharged members of the Texas Army National Guard should make copies of their DD-214 and are required to file the paperwork with the county clerk's office. If you have lost the DD-214, there are a few places to order a new copy.

Go to the county clerk's office. The county clerk will only have your DD-214 if you submitted the record with that county clerk's office. Request a copy of your DD-214. There is no charge for this service.

Read More: How to Spot a Fake DD-214

Request your DD-214 from the Texas National Guard. Call the Texas State Military Records Section at 512-782-5164, Tuesday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Submit your full name and Social Security number when prompted. Ask for a DD-214. The record will be sent to you in the mail, free of charge.

Get a DD-214 for the National Archives by online or by mail. To request online, go to the eVetRecs page and submit your request online. Online requests require a printed signature verification form. Mail the form to the address provided online. To request by mail, send a letter or completed SF-180 form to request your DD-214 - Request Pertaining to Military Records. Enter your name, Social Security number, date of birth, place of birth, military service information, the reason for requesting the record and check the box next to DD Form 214 or equivalent. Send form or letter to: The National Personnel Records Center, 9700 Page Ave., St. Louis, MO 63132.

Related Articles