How to Withdraw a Naturalization Application

••• man writing image by green308 from

Locate the most recent correspondence you received from USCIS pertaining to your naturalization application. Find your application number, which is typically located at the top of the page. In some cases, USCIS may display a "Receipt Number" field instead.

Copy your USCIS application or receipt number. Write a letter addressed to the USCIS service center where you originally filed your naturalization papers. If you cannot remember the specific service center that processed your application, check all previous USCIS correspondences; USCIS correspondences are typically mailed by the service center processing your application.

Mail your letter via certified mail to the USCIS service center. Expect to receive confirmation that USCIS has canceled your application per your request within two weeks of receipt, if not less.



About the Author

Eric Som has been writing professionally since 2002, contributing to various websites. He is certified through the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners. Som holds a Bachelor of Arts in English and a Bachelor of Laws from Handong Global University. He also has a Juris Doctor degree from an Ohio law school.

Photo Credits