How to File a Slow Pay Motion

••• Hemera Technologies/ Images

Contact your local court clerk. Ask if your jurisdiction allows for slow pay motions. Not all jurisdictions have this option. If it is allowed in your jurisdiction, ask the clerk what you need to do next and then carefully follow his instructions. Generally, this involves filling out a form and attending a court date.

Attend your court date and wait for your name to be called. The judge will ask you questions about your application, including information about your income, your expenses and the debt you are trying to move to a slow pay motion.

Pay your debt as the judge ordered. Use checks or money orders and keep a record of each payment.



Photo Credits

  • Hemera Technologies/ Images