How to Get Another PERC Card If I Lost Mine

Close-up of locksmith working on doorknob
••• PicturetakerJoseph/iStock/Getty Images

Before you can work in a position that requires a security clearance in Illinois, such as private detective, private alarm contractor or locksmith, you must first pass a criminal background check by the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation. DFPR then issues you a Permanent Employee Registration Card, or PERC, as it is routinely called in Illinois, as proof of your security clearance. If you lose your PERC card, you must request a replacement in writing. Other states may have varying requirements and names for similar positions.

Submitting Replacement Request

To replace a lost PERC card, the cardholder must ask the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation to reprint the card. The request must be made in writing and addressed to Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation, Attention: Division of Professional Regulation, P.O. Box 7007, Springfield, Illinois 62791. As of 2014, a reprint fee of $20 must also be included with the request. While DFPR does not specifically request additional information, it is helpful to include your full name, address, phone number, date of birth and Social Security number with your request for a replacement card.

Related Articles