How to Report Employers Who Hire Illegal Immigrants

Related Articles

Illegal immigrants, also called illegal aliens, are individuals who fail to report their immigration into the country as required by U.S. immigration law. Many immigrants are paid wages below minimum wage by exploitative employers. To combat the exploitation, the U.S. Department of Immigration and Customs Enforcement encourages citizens to report employers who hire illegal immigrants.

Step 1

Obtain information about the employer and the employment relationship with the immigrant. Dates and times of work are helpful.

Step 2

Obtain the address where the work is occurring.

Step 3

Access the HSI Tip Form on the ICE website, Supply your first and last name and email address. You will not receive updates about the investigation.

Step 4

Check the "Employment/Exploitation of Unlawful Workers" box and provide the information you gathered about the individual or business employing the undocumented worker. Provide as much additional information as you can.


  • The material in this work is licensed by Regal Legal for publication on the website This material is not licensed by any other person or entity, including and/or Demand Media, for any other use, either online or off. This work is not licensed for publication on the website If you see this work published on, please report it immediately.