How to Change My Address for Section 8

••• Thomas Northcut/Photodisc/Getty Images

Related Articles

Section 8 housing is a form of housing that is subsidized by the United States government. The subsidies are given to low-income families that qualify for assistance under the state government's law. Each state in the U.S. has its own requirements and procedures for dolling out Section 8 vouchers. Once you have applied for Section 8, it is important that you keep in touch with your state's housing authority. If you will be changing your address before or after the application process, it is necessary that you inform the housing authority.

Step 1

Find the phone number of the housing authority in the city you applied for Section 8. These can be easily found in your local yellow pages or with an Internet search engine.

Step 2

Call your local housing authority, and request information about how to change the address they can contact you at. They will direct you to an Internet-based or paper form for you to fill in your change of address. If you can contact you Section 8 caseworker directly, they may be able to immediately change your address in their computer system.

Step 3

Fill out and submit the change of address forms you were directed to complete to the housing authority.


About the Author

Evan Fulford has a master's degree in social work from the University of Michigan. He graduated with his bachelor's degree in psychology from Wayne State University in 2008. He has been writing academically for over six years on topics including mental illness, social policy, linguistics and political science.

Photo Credits

  • Thomas Northcut/Photodisc/Getty Images