How to Cancel a Legal Separation

••• mariés image by JLG from

Visit your local Clerk of Court office and ask for a "motion to dismiss". You may also hire an attorney or use your divorce attorney to help you file the correct documents.

Fill out the motion to dismiss form. Both you and your spouse will need to sign the papers. You will need to include the file number from your separation. You will also need to provide a reason why you are filing the motion.

File the motion with the Clerk of Court. You will be given a hearing date for you and your spouse to attend.

Attend the hearing. If both you and your spouse have signed the motion the court will rule to cancel the legal separation.


About the Author

Based in Atlanta, Melody Dawn has been writing business articles and blogs since 2004. Her work has appeared in the "Gainesville Times," "Player's Press" and "USA Today." She is also skilled in writing product descriptions and marketing materials. Dawn holds a Master of Business from Brenau University.

Photo Credits