How to Obtain an Additional Copy of a 1099

••• tax defined image by Christopher Walker from

You can call the employer who filed the 1099 form to ask for a copy.
••• telephone 1 image by Aussiebloke from

Call or contact the employer that submitted the form to the IRS. Most employers have copies on file and will be able to send you a copy via the mail or fax.

You can fax your request for an additional 1099 to the IRS.
••• working woman image by Mat Hayward from

Request a copy of your 1099 Form directly from the Internal Revenue Service, as long as you have filed your current taxes or have filed taxes in the past. Call the IRS at 800-829-1040 and ask for a copy of your "reported income information" or your "wage and income transcript," explaining that you want a copy of your 1099 Form.

You can mail an IRS 4506-T form to request an additional 1099 form.
••• american Mail box and freeway sign image by Ashle Whittle from

Request an additional 1099 Form by mail or fax using IRS form 4506-T. Download a copy of Form 4506-T from Fill the form out, then either mail it to the address on the form, or fax it to the number on the form.



About the Author

Kirsten Anderberg has been a published writer since 1999. Her work has appeared in magazines, newspapers, websites and books including "Utne," "HipMama," "ZNet" and "Adbusters." Anderberg received her Bachelor of Arts in political science from the University of Washington and her master's degree in history from California State University.

Photo Credits

  • tax defined image by Christopher Walker from