How to Contact the Labor Board

Related Articles

An independent agency of the United States Government, the National Labor Relations Board (NRLB) was founded in 1935 to protect the rights of both employers and workers. It was an outgrowth of the National Labor Relations Act, which was enacted in 1935 to protect the rights of employees and to prevent exploitative labor practices. If you are an employee who would like to report an allegation of unfair labor practices, the best way to do so is to contact the NLRB.

Write down the concerns you would like to bring to the attention of the NLRB. Doing so will help you clarify what it is that you wish to report and will necessitate a more productive dialogue with the Labor Board representative.

Find out the contact details of your local NLRB. This information is available on the "Locating Our Offices" page of the NLRB website at the National Labor Relations Act link in the Resources section below.

Write or phone your local field office as detailed on the website with your concerns or question.

You may also contact the NLRB in Washington D.C. directly at (866) 667-NLRB or (866) 667-6572.


  • You may wish to consult with an attorney before filing a complaint with the NLRB against your employer. He or she will provide you with legal advice to insure that your rights as an employee are safeguarded.


  • Contacting your local field office will expedite your query or complaint as they are smaller and have less queries and complaints to deal with on a daily basis than the main office.


About the Author

Eliana Kalsky is a freelance writer currently living in Manhattan. After earning her Bachelor of Arts and Master of Arts degrees in London, England, she began writing as a career after moving to Miami in 2001. She has published a number of travel articles for both American and British publications.