How to File for an Annulment in MD

••• rings image by Alison Bowden from

Request a petition for annulment form from the clerk of the district court in the county where you intend to file your annulment case. You file in the county where you or your spouse reside. Court clerks typically maintain basic forms for people not represented by counsel. In the alternative, seek legal representation to assist you in pursuing an annulment case.

Complete the petition for annulment form. Include your name as well as the name and current address of your spouse. Insert the date and location of your wedding.

Include the specific legal reason why you believe you are entitled to an annulment, as established by the laws of Maryland.

Submit the petition to the clerk of the district court.

Pay the filing fee associated with the petition. The filing fee varies from one jurisdiction to the next. If you are unable to pay the filing fee, you file a poverty affidavit requesting the court to waive that payment.



About the Author

Mike Broemmel began writing in 1982. He is an author/lecturer with two novels on the market internationally, "The Shadow Cast" and "The Miller Moth." Broemmel served on the staff of the White House Office of Media Relations. He holds a Bachelor of Arts in journalism and political science from Benedictine College and a Juris Doctorate from Washburn University. He also attended Brunel University, London.

Photo Credits